"Summer is just around the corner." Every year we hear that and each year you've probably tried something new or looked for the right diet to follow. Yet, you are not getting the result you want to achieve that summer body you're aiming for. There are a lot of diets out there but the truth is, there isn't one specific diet that suits everybody. That's a fact! If someone tells you that they are having success in a particular diet that doesn't mean it will work for you too.
Personally intermittent fasting works for me best, but then again I wouldn't ask you to do the same thing or go to the extent. You don't have to starve yourself thinking you might lose those extra pounds to get that summer body. Rather choose the right food and think first if that has a benefit in your body before you put it in your mouth.
So here are some simple ways to lose weight and important keys to maintain a healthier lifestyle.
- Cut the sugar - There are a lot of factors why you are gaining weight; over eating, stress, slow metabolism but on top of all these sugary foods are the major cause of weight gain. Hence, it may lead to obesity and other diseases. So cut the sugar and replace it with a piece of fruit instead.
- Sugary foods: cake, donuts, ice cream, cookies, chocolate, juice, soda and other processed desserts.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates - Throughout the years refined carbs has been linked to increased risk of many diseases, such as obesity, diabetes and heart disease. So, it might be a good idea for you to stop or at least lessen your intake of refined carbs. What are refined carbs? Mainly, these are foods that are high in sugar and refined grains:
- Sugar; white sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and agave syrup.
- Refined grains: white bread, white rice, pasta, pizza, noodles and pastries.
- High fiber foods – Fiber is not directly linked to weight loss. Rather it helps regulates your digestive health. High fiber foods are also more filling that you’re likely to feel more satisfied and eat less. Therefore, it helps you to maintain your optimal weight.
- Food that are high in fiber: Apples, raspberries, blackberries, broccoli, black beans, green peas and more.
- Colorful foods - As mentioned above, it is good to replace sugary foods with fruits. Even better, is to add vegetables to your plate. The more colorful your foods are the better. Not only that these are healthier choice for you, they're also low in calories and high in fiber.
- Workout in your own pace - There are so many workout programs out there that you can follow to get your perfect summer body. However, it's easy to get bored with it if you are not on the right pace. Or worse, you might hurt yourself trying to leap and push past to your limits. That is why some people are only good at working out for a week and then they lose their motivation. It is important that you work out to the best of you ability and challenge yourself but not too much that you would end up being injured.
These are only simple guidelines that you can follow on your weight loss journey. At the end of the day, it's all up to you.
Read our previous blog about the Reasons Why Yoga Will Make Your Next Travel Better here. This might help you get your best summer body.